Wednesday, August 15, 2012

diablo 3 thoughts

Blizzard has been making a lot of posts about their new patch, p 1.0.4, which will change a lot of things people have been whining about for a while now - including changes they made in p. 1.0.3!

I loved Diablo 3. I loved it A LOT. My boyfriend and I installed it on the same day, and the next day we were up at 11am and played all the way until 9pm, and then the day after that we played from 12pm till 6pm, which is when we finished it. We roared through Nightmare, and we started Hell and then we realized... we were kind of bored. We took up new characters with a friend of ours, and in that time, I bought a little Diablo head keychain  and struggled to keep up with the Wizard (my main is a Demon Hunter) and by the time I got the hang of it, they were bored. They started taking a break, but I continued to play, eager to prove my boredom was nothing. I started a Monk on my own, and with some help with a friend who had three level 60 characters, I power leveled her to her thirties in no time. In less than two days (which is a short amount of time considering I worry about work and school).


But still, it bothered me that I couldn't complete Hell mode and get my DH to level 60 (she's trapped at 55). I was sick of paying thousands and thousands for armour repair and too many seconds for respawn times. I felt like p 1.0.3 didn't fix game problems - it made them harder for me. Mobs were way too strong for my DH and my bf's Witch Doctor to drive though, and we didn't party with anyone else because either no one was at our level, or like us, no one else wanted to play.

my demon hunter q_q
Patch 1.0.3 wasn't live for very long until Blizzard had to throw in a quick patch. Mobs weren't stronger with extra people, they  just had more life. And still, this didn't help. Somehow, we were still being mowed over. Even with a DPS of 9k, I was having problems. I had high level items that I was borrowing from my friends with maxed out DPS DH characters that weren't cutting mobs like butter like I had hoped. Maybe it was my lack of motivation.

And now, after it's been months since I've last played D3, Blizzard up and throws in the towel. They recognized their mistakes. Mobs are being toned down, repair prices are dropping, and Legendary items (I have four of these) are changing dramatically.

I'm really enthused by these changes... But I'm not sure if they'll get me into the groove again. Hopefully we'll get to see more changes down the road, and I'll be willing to pick up this fantastic dungeon crawler again.


Edit: I didn't realize they were making dramatic class changes as well. I'm very, very okay with this. fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment