Friday, January 11, 2013

Tarnished Coast!

So, lately some of my guildmates (as well as myself) have been feeling... lonely. Northern Shiverpeaks became a very quiet server, and their WvWing has been less than acceptable. Not wanting to stand by idly anymore, I asked my guildmates if they were interested in moving, and it turns out, some of them were already considering the move before we had started talking about it. Our guild leader and some of our officers had unfortunately lost interest and other games were more appealing, and we wanted a fresh start on a busier server.

With this in mind, on top of the server issues (NSP has some people who are very elitist, and some of the community is quite rude, if you ask me) and the inactivity we were facing, I rounded up two of my former [VALK] guildies who were going to start playing again, Mininae and Pinkie, and the rest of us on NSP who wanted to see a change (Miraza, Wooly, Talon, Crimson, Becs, Slone and Baba.. Others showed interest but seemed on the fence) and we considered our server options. I named a few, but out of our options, Tarnished Coast stuck out the most. It's the unofficial roleplaying server for Guild Wars 2, it's a tier 2 WvW server, and on the WvW official forums, there was a very comprehensive post that provided infographics about the server population. The only problem was, it's very busy and "Full" most of the time, so getting in can be a little tricky.

After about an hour of waiting, Miraza, Crimson, Baba and I all managed to make a transfer a few nights ago, Talon the day afterwards. We're still waiting on the rest, but so far, Tarnished Coast has been lovely! People are friendly, and there are people on almost every map I've visited so far! Plus, I enjoy watching the roleplayers; it's very inspiring, and it kind of makes me want to try it out as well. :) Wooly brought our move to the attention of our guild leader, who today has moved leadership over to me. I feel fancy, I'm a guild leader of NeX now! Phew, leader of two guilds; originally, those who moved were planning on making a move to [VALK], but which the leadership of NeX being passed onto me, it's nice to know we can continue to represent. Over the next few days, I'm going to clean up the inactivity, and hopefully see if we can get some new players into the guild and make it a community again.

All in all, the move was much needed. I feel rejuvenated, and excited, like I did when I first started during head start! I feel like the updates coming up, too, will be amazing, and will hopefully bring back some players.

Tuesday coming up, DMC comes out, too! I'll be picking that up and giving that a whirl. It'll be my first DMC game, so I can't wait to try the series (even though its a reboot!). I can't wait to talk about my first impression here. Definitely will be updating next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment