Wednesday, May 29, 2013

[GW2] The Ultimate Grind: Making a Legendary

A little while ago, I made the decision to work towards a Legendary. When I initially started playing Guild Wars 2, I didn't care much for the flashy weapons and the incessant grind that came with them. However, about three months ago, I became infatuated with the feminine blossoming bow, Kudzu. I didn't really know where to begin, but I expressed my interest, or fantasy rather, to my guild. and casually started collecting things (Obsidian Shards here and there, being more vigilant with my dailies, saving my globs, so on so forth). I made a list of every component and how much I needed, and went along my way. I wanted to make this little post to document how I took my first steps towards making this longbow, and where I currently stand in this process.

I read somewhere that it was best to start with my Mystic Clovers, as a guildmate sent me all the components for the Gift of Wood as a gift, and I already had purchased my Bloodstone and Sigil of Conjuration, and I finished World Complete months and months ago. I poured all the karma I had into Obsidian Shards and every time Balthazar was open and I had enough Karma, I would buy more and more, making sure to put some aside in order to make my Gift of Mastery. I followed the 10 Clover recipe, and although it was hard to throw in ten globs at a time, I wielded good results. I initially made my first 30 by myself, until my friend and guildmate (an excellent farmer) offered his globs to me to use. We created a deal where I would borrow his globs and if I received T6 mats, he would get them and have to send me 10 Mystic Coins, and if I got clovers, I got to keep them for myself. In no time (after about three weeks or so), I had 70 Clovers. I dropped down to the 1 Clover recipe for my final seven, and by this time I had already completed a full stack of Obsidian Shards for my Gift of Mastery as well!

After creating my clovers, I started working on my crafting. I purchased my Gift of Wood Recipe (10g) on my Thief and did a fast craft to get her to 400. Having all of the components, I created my Gift of Wood and scratched it off my list. I slowly started working on my Leatherworking as well, and purchased my Gift of Nature recipe (10g) for when I was able to make my Gift of Nature. I started salvaging everything blue and yellow, selling my greens, and being on top of farming as best as I could. 

I started putting globs aside for my Gift of Fortune and got some more help farming things for my Gift of Nature, mainly omnomberries, and started running Twilight Arbor religiously again. Recently, about two weeks ago, I retired from the dungeon having completed it and buying my Gift of Thorns. 

We four-manned my last run! We joked that TA was my boyfriend... and we needed to part ways.
Getting my leather was easy enough, and it was cheap to buy my last like 50 that I needed. A few days ago, I finished getting my thief to Level 400 in Leatherworking, and farmed omnomberries with a guildmate. I popped all my ingredients into my crafting window and produced my Gift of Nature, another item to cross of my list! I've also started making an effort to go into the Obsidian Sanctum too. I'm now only 140 Badges of Honour short of my Gift of Mastery. 

In all honesty, I'm very close to my Legendary. Closer than I was 2.5mo ago. I now have 101 Globs of Ectoplasm and 20 Icy Runestones. What I'm struggling the most with is knowing I need to pour 80 more gold into Icy Runestones and I have no idea how I'm going to get my precursor, Leaf of Kudzu. I've started slowing down a bit, as I've been pouring a lot of gold into making this weapon. However, I do have a lot of thanks to give to my guildmates, as they have been both supportive and helpful of this venture. 

Currently, I'm looking into getting a magic-find set from Crucible of Eternity so I can be a little more efficient with my farming. 

All in all, I think I'm very close to my Legendary. I do have a recommendation to others, though: DO YOUR WORLD COMPLETE FIRST!! I'm working on it for a second time and it is a pain in the butt. Seriously. Save your pennies early and you will not have trouble making a Legendary. <Says the player who spends all her money on useless stuff. :3

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment